Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Minor Project 4: Design Brief

I chose to make a website for the Nicaragua Alternative Spring Break.

There is no reason a simple informational site like this should have a navigation system that is even remotely confusing. I would like to stress simplicity/intelligibility above all. The secondary objective is to provide the site with quality aesthetics; but these two objectives go hand in hand with creating a site that is both effective and approachable.

For the sake of simplicity, each page will feature a similar layout, so the viewer can locate the necessary information contained within each page with very little effort. Each page will be themed with its own tertiary color, which will also be reflected within the navigation. This will assist with making the the site more logical to navigate and it will also support the aesthetics of the site by giving each page its own unique look. Each page will contain a considerable amount of photos elements. This will give the pages diversity as well as make the page more pleasant to view. The photos can also portray the trip in ways that text can't. When I go through all the information and decide which pieces of information are going into each page; I may decide to add a sub navigation within certain categories, but seeing how this could farther complicate the site, I will try my best to organize each section with visual hierarchy so that each item of information is clearly defined and contained within its own space.

I have some pretty solid ideas as to how I want the many elements on my page to look and behave. I hope I can achieve the goals I have set for myself because I believe it has the potential to become a fantastic website.

1 comment:

  1. You consider these ideas solid? I suggest heading back to the drawing-board...so to speak.

    ReplyDelete